General entry requirements for all courses
- By applying to Redcliffe College you are recognising that we are a Christian, evangelical and interdenominational college. We do not favour any particular theological or practical emphasis. Find out more about Redcliffe's basis of faith.
- Applicants should be a minimum of 18 years of age.
- A 2:1 or First Class Honours degree is required and acceptance on the course subject to interview.
- If you have a good 2:2 degree, you may register for the Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert), and re-register for the MA if successful in class-work.
- If you do not have a undergraduate degree but have a number of years of missionary experience and theological thinking, you may be required to undertake a written assessment to ensure that you have the skills required for postgraduate level study. If approved, you may register for the Postgraduate Certificate (PGCert), and re-register for the MA if successful in class-work.
- If you have already completed academic studies at MA level in one or more subjects closely related to our MA modules at a recognised college or university you may be allowed to obtain credit for one or two of the MA taught modules via Accredited Prior Learning. Please fill in the APL form as well as your application form.
- If you are continuing postgraduate study, such as the diploma stage of an MA where you have previously completed the certificate, please also use the APL form.
- We understand that our students come from countries with many different educational systems.
- The University of Gloucestershire gives detailed information about entry requirements for international students.
- If you are not sure if your previous education is equivalent to the level required, please get in touch.
- The regulations regarding Accredited Prior Learning apply as above.
- As our courses are in English you are required to be able to read and understand English to a good standard.
- The University of Gloucestershire gives information about the required level of English.
- Non-validated courses need English to the Bachelor 'studies route' degree courses level: International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent with an overall grade of 5.5 with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- Postgraduate courses need English to the Postgraduate degree courses level: International English Language Testing System (IELTS) or equivalent to minimum band 6.0 overall, with no less than 5.5 in any band.
- If you don't currently meet these requirements, perhaps consider taking the English for University Study course at the University of Gloucestershire.
Please read the information on our international students page about visa requirements.